Duplexes, Triplexes and Fourplexes ("Multiplexes"):
From The Desk of Steven Kealey, BA, MSc, Broker of Record:
1) FINANCING requirements for small properties are much more favourable. Closing costs are significantly less. Banks are more willing to lend on this kind of property. Rental income from the non-owner-occupied units can be used in cacluating the buyer's qualification ratios. And, interest rates are lower because lenders treat multiplex mortgages as "residential" as apposed to "commercial".
2) DOWN PAYMENT Requirements are less than with larger properties. One can also purchase a multiplex building as an owner-occupant (i.e. you live in one of the units) with an even lower down payment (as low as 10 percent down in some cases).
3) MANAGEMENT -- You can manage smaller properties on your own, but you're likely to require assistance with larger multifamily buildings. Managing a property yourself will save you the added expense of hiring a property management company (contact us for a list of well-recommended local property management companies if needed). This will also provide you the opportunity to learn how to manage tenants and multifamly property at the beginning of your career as a Landlord.
To view our featured duplexes, triplexes and/or fourplexes which are listed for sale within Hamilton & the Niagara Region, please click on our Properties For Sale page >>> BUT FIRST: READ BELOW. After selling many of my student rental properties 10 years ago, I began investing in several small apartment buildings in Niagara... before beginning to buy larger apartment buildings. Many investors follow a similar path of starting with duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes before moving on to larger buildings. This is a perfect strategy to build your knowledge base before taking on larger projects.
Over the past 10 years we've helped many investors to begin building thier real estate investment portfolios with duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes, and we've helped many investors grow their existing investment portfolios through these income properties.
When you contact us by completing the form below you will gain access to our in-depth experience and expert analysis of the following types of multiplex properties through our VIP Buyer Client Service:
1) Duplexes in Hamilton and the Niagara Region (42 are currently available for sale now);
2) Triplexes in Hamilton and the Niagara Region (34 are currently available for sale now); and,
3) Fourplexes in Hamilton and the Niagara Region (24 are currently available for sale now);
To gain access to our many years of local experience and expert analysis of duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes for sale in Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland, Port Colborne, Pelham, Thorold and the surrounding Niagara Region (including access to some "Exclusive" & "Off Market" opportunities... and urgent UPDATES of new listings available for sale), please complete the form below:
Copyright© 2013 Royal Real Estate Inc. (operating as Castle Quest Investment Real Estate). All rights reserved. Information herein is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by Castle Quest Investment Real Estate or it's representatives. Not intended to solicit Buyers or Sellers currently under Agency Agreement.
Are you working with another Realtor in your search for an apartment building in Hamilton or Niagara?
Would you like to be included in our E-Mail Update Service to receive FREE weekly e-mails with updates on duplexes, triplexes & fourplexes (multiplexes) available for sale in Hamilton & the Niagara Region & FREE weekly real estate investing articles & videos?
Your Comments (OPTIONAL):
<<< Click the "Submit" button to send your message
Request Form: (Please complete all fields)
5 Best Cities For Investing in
Hamilton & Niagara Region:
Statistics Canada 2011 Census
# of Triplexes For Sale now:
# of Fourplexes For Sale now:
# of Duplexes For Sale now:
Income Property Advisors
for the Niagara Region
& the City of Hamilton
Steven Kealey, BA, MSc
Broker of Record
This website is currently under construction
Please check back here soon